Other Treatment Services
I am available to work with individuals on a variety of issues. I use cognitive-behavioral, mindfulness and solutions-focused approaches for both short term and long term therapy. I believe it is important to identify what a person would like to change in their lives either with themselves or in their relationship with others and then assist the individual to accomplish those changes.
While a specialty of my practice is anger management, other areas of expertise include:
- Substance Use Disorders
- Grief and Loss
- Relationship Difficulties
Psychotherapy / Consultation by Video
For people who want psychotherapy and:
- Don’t have access to a therapist nearby with the specialty or qualifications that you are looking for
- Nervous about doing therapy in person but would like to try it out.
- Would find it more convenient to conduct therapy that fits into a schedule that works.
- Looking for an initial consultation.
If you want to try psychotherapy by video:
- You can contact me and explain your interest in doing video therapy. I will then contact you to discuss whether video therapy would be appropriate.
- If it appears that video therapy would be a suitable method for you, I will fax or email you forms to review and sign and return to me prior to our first session.
- We will establish a time and date for our first session as well as arrange for payment of the fee.
In general, to take advantage of two-way video conferencing, you will need:
- A web camera
- Microphone and speakers, or headset
- A fast internet connection
- A processor speed of greater than about 800MHz, either PC or Mac(Most computers under 5 years of age should be sufficient.)
Video therapy sessions are done through Doxy. They are the industry standard in encryption and handle protected health information based on the protocols and requirements of compliance as stipulated by law. Prior to the first session, a person will be sent an email and required to download a plug-in that allows the video session to occur.
As co-founder of Outlook Associates of New England, a practice that was started to work with individuals with anger control problems, I have become a recognized speaker and trainer in the field of anger management. In my over 30 years of work experience in a variety of settings including correctional institutions, community mental health centers, outpatient mental health and substance use disorder clinics, I have worked with numerous adults and adolescents presenting with challenging and complex difficulties and been able to develop skills that create a therapeutic relationship that assists a person in having a more fulfilling and engaging life.
Supervision topics may include:
- Theories and Practice of Anger Management
- Strategies for Practical Problem-solving with Clients
- The Dynamics of the Therapeutic Relationship
- Working with Clients with Substance Use Disorders
- Telephone or video supervision is available to providers anywhere in the United States.
- Face-to-face supervision is available at my Boston, MA and Arlington, MA offices.